Like many individuals, businesses and events in the world, GO Wild is impacted in a big way by COVID-19. Our priority is to make it through this unprecedented time while doing right by our guests and event vendors.
Because we were only a few weeks out from GO Wild when the original venue allowed us to reschedule our date, many ticketing dollars had already been spent toward providing the experience to our guests that we promised.
Imagine that you ordered 1,400 items from your favorite shop, customized for you. Imagine that your favorite shop owner purchased all the supplies and packaging needed to create these items. That they spent months designing and producing the items. That they used many of the source materials to begin and complete most of the work. And then imagine that due to safety concerns it became unsafe, illegal and impossible for you to use or the shop to send you those same items.
While not exactly the same, this is similar to the situation in which GO Wild finds itself. 1,400 guests, through their ticketing purchase, have said, we want you to be stewards of our ticketing dollars and plan the best weekend possible for us. We have purchased supplies, hired vendors, paid deposits, created graphics, invited speakers, selected volunteers and worked tirelessly for months. And now, like so many others - including many of you, whether shop owners, business owners or individuals whose work has been disrupted, we will adapt.
We will now stretch two years' expenses (software, hosting, graphics, this very customer service software, etc.) out of one event. While the vast majority of our vendors will apply their deposits to the postponed event, Wild will also absorb the costs of some of the lost deposits.
We look forward to the time we can get together with you in person. While it might be later than we originally planned, we will have an AMAZING time. And we'll all be ready for some good times.
The new June 10-13 dates are later than any GO Wild we have hosted before. But, choosing these dates allowed us to:
- Have 12+ months from now until the event for best health practices (and hopefully vaccines, herd immunity or treatments) to be in place
- Give guests time to make new plans, feel more comfortable asking for time out of the office if needed, and recover from any hardships that this time may have precipitated
- Avoid major holidays (which were most of the dates offered to us - like Valentines, Passover, Easter and others)
- Get a great spot at the Hilton Anaheim with MORE room for guests (we have the entire floor) and a lower room rate than before
- We are also excited to partner with a hotel that values safety and health, and that is working with us to make this weekend great for guests - it's a much-appreciated change from the stringent policies of our previous venue
Now, we will start working on re-confirming speakers, vendors and more for the new dates. We hope you join us. We will make this one to remember. See you on the Confetti Carpet!